Work Here, Play Here
Join the Girls in the Game team!
Join the Girls in the Game team through a variety of full-time, part-time, volunteer and internship opportunities that help empower girls to succeed. If you have any questions, contact Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Coordinator of Grants
Girls in the Game seeks a creative and detail-oriented individual with exceptional written and verbal communication skills to join its team as the Senior Coordinator of Grants. The Senior Coordinator of Grants is responsible for supporting the Development Director in the implementation of the organization’s revenue and development plan, with a specific focus on foundation, corporate and government grant relations, funder communications and stewardship.
- Lead development and maintenance of the grants calendar in all markets, serving as the point of contact for other staff involved, deadlines, report due dates and renewal procedures
- Explore new opportunities for government grant funding
- Conduct prospect research to pursue new sources of funding and/or in-kind donations in all markets, and assist in the creation and submission of letters of inquiry and proposals for potential funders
- Speak regularly with program staff to update on funding requirements, obtain information for progress reports and exchange information to directly enhance program operations and revenue support
- Coordinate and attend funder-related site visits and related meetings
- Manage database, systems, and record-keeping procedures to identify and track current and potential donors and to record, report, acknowledge and steward all gifts
- Regularly do research on topics related to both girls’ issues and SBYD trends/findings to maintain current statistics in proposals
- Oversee stewardship and recognition programs for funders
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the mission of Girls in the Game
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years grant writing experience
- Experience with government grants and/or multi-year grants a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer environments, e.g. Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience managing communication with internal team members to ensure proper reporting and assisting with updates to funders on new program endeavors or changes to proposed projects