Work Here, Play Here
Join the Girls in the Game team!
Join the Girls in the Game team through a variety of full-time, part-time, volunteer and internship opportunities that help empower girls to succeed. If you have any questions, contact Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teen Programs Manager
Girls in the Game seeks an experienced creative and strategic program manager with a background in teen development and program management to grow and strengthen our Teen Programs. Girls in the Game currently offers a variety of Teen Programs including Teen Squad, Teen Club, Game Days, and a variety of community engagement programming:
- Citywide Teen Squad is a membership-based leadership development program that trains 50 teen girls and girl identifying youth to lead healthy lifestyle workshops for groups of younger girls. In return, Teen Squad members earn money for post-secondary education from Girls in the Game. Teen Squad members also participate in career exploration opportunities called Leader to Leader Interviews, professional development experiences and special opportunities for members to represent the organization at community events.
- Our Teen Club programs happen onsite at schools, community centers or facilities, during the school day. We currently have Teen Club programs at 6 high schools, the Cook County Juvenile Temporary Detention Center and several residential settings.
The Teen Programs Manager develops programming opportunities, manages direct service programming and plans and monitors program budgets. This person manages all record keeping and conducts data analysis and review for the programs in order to asses effect of programming on communities and opportunities for growth. . Additionally, The Teen Program Manager is responsible for developing a recruitment strategy to engage eighth graders involved in our After School and Summer Camp Programs into our Teen Programs. This position reports to the Programs Director and works collaboratively with other Program Managers.
- Develop, lead and support all Teen programming
- Meet program expectations for all teen programs
- Meet program expectations for Teen Squad Workshop enrollment and Leader to Leader Interview recruitment and attendance
- Program analysis and strategy to continue to deepen the impact of Girls in the Game Strategic program development including writing or revising curriculum, expanding current programming and envisioning new opportunities for teen programming in accordance with Girls in the Game’s long-term vision
- Financial management including planning the program budget, monitoring expenses and grant requirements and managing scholarship tracking and processing
- Oversee evaluation of teen programming in collaboration with the Program Director
- Develop and maintain relationships with community-based youth program providers and schools
- Train, supervise and support at least two full-time staff, two interns, and additional part-time staff or interns as program needs and capacity require
- Manage program records, ensure timely data entry in our Salesforce database, and analyze program data using Salesforce reports
- Review all program materials for quality
- Work collaboratively with other Girls in the Game program managers to ensure integration across programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in youth or teen development, education, sports or recreational management, nonprofit administration or a related field. MSW degree a plus
- Excellent creative and strategic thinking skills
- Experience writing curriculum and leading programming for teens
- Ability to work independently, take the initiative and make sound judgments
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to travel regularly to sites throughout Chicago, preferably by car, transporting equipment to program sites
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Google Suite and Zoom. Additional knowledge of database software such as Salesforce would be a plus
- Attention to detail in the creation of materials
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain partnerships with various entities