Join the Girls in the Game team!
Join the Girls in the Game team through a variety of full-time, part-time, volunteer and internship opportunities that help empower girls to succeed. If you have any questions, contact Tammy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Development and Communications Manager
Girls in the Game seeks a driven, engaging, and strategic development professional with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to self-direct to work with Girls in the Game’s Director of Development and Communications to ensure that Development team goals are met for both fundraising and marketing plans. The Development and Communications Manager will oversee special event efforts in Chicago, including oversight of the organization’s two largest fundraisers (Field of Dreams gala and Chip in for Girls golf outing) as well as partner event and cause marketing efforts. In addition, the Development and Communications Manager is responsible for the organization’s communications, marketing and social media efforts, including management of the organization’s website, email communications, marketing materials and creation of the annual report. The ideal candidate is tech savvy, flexible and organized with a good sense of humor and the ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. The salary for this position is $50,000.
- Oversee all aspects of annual Chip in for Girls golf outing, working with committee and Development Director to ensure that event revenue goals are met
- Work with Individual Giving Manager to create stewardship plan for golfers post-event to develop them as donors
- Work with Development Director to oversee annual Field of Dreams gala, including all logistical details for the event, auction oversight, sponsorship fulfillment and on-site event execution, working towards eventual full oversight of the event
- Manage organization’s website to support achievement of organization’s strategic goals
- Promote organization’s mission and activities through social media
- Manage media outreach and relations
- Develop media reach in both Chicago and external markets
- Produce quarterly e-newsletter and other regular e-communications
- Produce Girls in the Game’s annual report
- Work closely with the rest of the development team to produce fundraising material and appeal packages
- Work with Programs staff to develop recruitment materials as needed
- Write and edit blog posts, opinion pieces, and other materials
- Provide support to program and development staff on digital campaigns, materials and marketing for program recruitment, special events, and print publications
- Ensure proper use of organization logo, photos and other collateral with outside media and third parties
- Manage Peer-to-Peer fundraising efforts including days of giving and other social media giving campaigns
- Manage video footage and editing for digital projects
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least five experience in non-profit development or comparable experience
- Working knowledge of Chicagoland’s philanthropic and non-profit community
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer environments, e.g. Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal support
Senior Coordinator of Talent Acquisition
Girls in the Game is seeking a detail-oriented, enthusiastic individual to support the HR and Recruiting functions of the organization. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow in a Human Resources role as part of a rapidly growing organization. This position will work closely with the Senior Manager of Operations and Senior Programs Manager on all aspects of recruitment and hiring operations, and will take ownership of various responsibilities and projects. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Operations and will also work closely with Girls in the Game program team leadership
Girls in the Game’s programs operate year-round across the city of Chicago. We rely on a highly trained pool of coaches to execute our curriculum so that girls experience fun, engaging programming. To ensure consistency and quality of our coaches we offer ongoing support and training and aim to recruit a talented and diverse pool of coaches from across the city. This position will focus on developing and implementing an effective recruitment strategy that reflects Girls in the Game’s organizational values of equity, diversity and teamwork and ensures consistent, ongoing, quality programs for girls.
The Senior Coordinator of Talent Acquisition will be responsible for recruiting volunteer and paid part-time coaches to work in our After School and Citywide programs. They will also work with the Senior Manager of Operations to develop a comprehensive recruiting strategy to attract and retain part-time coaches.
The ideal candidate is flexible, detail-oriented, and has excellent problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills. Salary for this position is $45,000.
- Facilitate weekly local hiring events with remote support from Operations
- Collaborate with Operations to create a robust recruiting strategy
- Coordinate and schedule substitute part-time coaches, as needed
- Support all functions and processes related to on-boarding and off-boarding of employees including background checks, employment verifications, new hire orientations, exit interviews, etc.
- Maintain employee confidence and have the ability to keep HR information confidential
- Partner with Operations to interview and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions
- Collaborate with Operations and Programs to determine hiring needs and manage job postings
- Process onboarding documents, ensuring new hire paperwork is complete and correct. Ensure Operations has necessary new hire information to schedule training and enroll in payroll.
- Create, maintain, and update employment records related to hiring, transferring, promoting, changing compensation, and terminating. All information is tracked in our Salesforce database.
- Update staff organization charts and staff rosters, including contact information.
- Assist with various employee engagement programs including scheduling new hire check in meetings, onboarding information sessions, and coordination/tracking of training sessions.
- Provide support for a variety of projects for both Finance, HR, and administration.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Recruiting, HR, or comparable experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Chicagoland’s nonprofit community.
- Willingness to travel to different sites throughout the city.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer environments, e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Mailchimp, etc.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Girls in the Game is seeking a Part-Time Coach to assist in the instruction of our After School program, which is held at multiple sites throughout the city, earn and lead the curriculum used for programming for 25-30 participants per site, attend coaches’ training meetings and complete weekly progress forms and organize and maintain program materials and equipment.
This position is part-time, with a minimum 10-week commitment to coach, not including training. All coaches must attend a paid Girls in the Game Best Practice Training before starting to coach in programs. We prefer coaches who can commit to a 30-weeks of programming, coaching from anywhere between 3 and 12 hours per week. Compensation is $17 per hour.